Thursday, May 15, 2008

full day in india #2

today was another powerful day. we went to a women's home for the destitute and dying. many women there were very uplifting and optimistic, and encouraging to us. we sang praise songs with them, and some of them even began singing some in tamil. it was amazing having some so emotionally moved, as was the fact that we were communicating completely nonverbally. we were praising Jesus in different languages, and that was all that mattered. the nuns were very hospitable there, and it had a very bright atmosphere. we're going to another home for the destitute and dying tomorrow that is supposed to be far worse, and we'll also be heading to bangalore.

after lunch, we had part 2 of the amazing race, where they dropped us off at a mall and told us to get back to the hotel by rickshaw. we thought the competition was which team spent the least, but it was for whoever got the cheapest rickshaw, so teaming up with another team did not win it for us, though we ended up spending the least per person.

it has been an emotionally charged few days. God is teaching me not to carry burdens that are not mine to carry, and a lot of that has been lifted from me the past 24 hrs. a lesson i have learned before, yet must learn again and again it seems. the Lord has taught me so much more, but my time is short. please continue to pray for us as a team, to have His eyes and His heart, to continue to grow (it's been awesome) in team unity, safe travel, and whatever else the Lord puts on your hearts. much thanks, love
mike

4 comments:

Wendy Fujita said...

Hey! I'm glad to hear that you guys made it there safely, and it sounds like even in these few days ya'll have experienced a whole lot. I'm reading your blog entries, but it doesn't even seem real that you have already jumped right in and are serving all the way over there in India RIGHT NOW! A week ago, I was still leaving Athens! I am and will be praying for all of you. Thanks for keeping us posted!

Wendy

p.s. keep us ISL kids in your prayers-- we leave Saturday. :-)

Anonymous said...

Hey Mike! Just wanted to say that I'm thinking of y'all. Be safe and good luck,

Jade

Abhi said...

Hey!

I am so excited for y'all. I am glad you guys made it safely to India. I am sure you had fun in the rickshaws. I'll be praying for everyone and wish you guys a great time in India.

Abhi

[ Aneeth ] said...

Mike and Eric,

God's just put y'all on my heart more than usual today, and I want you to know that we're here for y'all. There were times today that I wish I could've just called your cell-phone and checked up to make sure all is well (and you know how little we talk over the phone!).

Just wanted y'all to read out Ephesians 6:10-20. Something that God put on my heart lately.

Love. Peace.